A couple of years ago in an assembly I shared why I often carry a blue marble in my pocket. I began the assembly by sharing some staggering facts about the earth on which we live and the universe of which it is a tremendously small part. Here are some facts I shared which I think are particularly interesting: The earth weighs about six billion trillion tons and is moving around the sun at roughly 100,000 kilometres an hour and it is doing this while rotating at the equator at a little over a fifteen hundred kilometres an hour. When you look at the sun you are enjoying it as it was eight minutes ago but when you look up at the stars you are seeing them how they looked at least 4 years ago and that is with the light from them travelling almost 300,000 kilometres per second to get here! The universe is expanding and estimates suggest that the far reaches of it may be about ninety billion trillion miles away. In that universe our solar system takes up less than one trillionth of the space while it orbits our Milky Way galaxy- a trip that would take it between 200 and 250 million years to complete despite moving at almost 900,000 kilometres per hour! As you can see the numbers are staggering! In fact, it is commonly held that presently only 4 percent of the universe is visible and even knowable and the other 96 percent is a made up of black holes and dark matter. These concepts are hard to even begin to fathom and can leave us obviously feeling very small and insignificant. And yet, the reason I carry the marble is to remind me that as small as it might seem we are, we matter so much to God. In fact, our God who created and sustains this entire universe knows us all so intimately that as Matthew 10:30 says even the number of the hairs on our head is known to Him. How amazing is that! So as we go into each day not knowing all that will happen during it, let us do so in the confidence that, He who upholds the entire universe and who also knows us intimately, will be with us and will take care of us!