In addition to its Physical Education program, Brantford Christian School has co-curricular sports teams for Soccer, Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Ice Hockey, Track & Field and Softball. These boys’ and girls’ teams compete against other area Christian Schools.
Typically tryouts are open to Grade 6 – 8 students and sign-up sheets are posted prior to tryouts. Students are required to provide some of their own equipment and will be informed by the coaches what is required. Practices are held at morning and lunch recesses and also after school.
In recent years, a junior sports program was begun for students in Grade 4-6 for volleyball and basketball. The teams compete against other schools in the Hamilton-Dundas region.
Representing BCS at a sporting event is considered to be a privilege. If a team member’s academic performance is falling behind or if his/her behaviour is unacceptable, the classroom teacher will speak to the coach to determine whether or not the student will be allowed to remain on the team.
We are part of the Guelph District Christian School Athletic Association which has eight participating schools. These schools include:
- Guelph Community Christian School (in Guelph)
- Providence Christian School (in Dundas)
- Laurentian Hills Christian School (in Kitchener)
- Community Christian School (in Drayton)
- Listowel Christian School (in Listowel)
- Trinity Christian School (in Burlington)
- Cambridge Christian School (in Cambridge)